Camp Laurel is located on the east shore of Echo Lake, three miles beyond the village of Kents Hill. For area-specific directions, visit Google Maps or MapQuest and use the following address:
1218 Pond Road, Mt. Vernon, Maine 04352
By Automobile From the New York City Area
- Take the best route to the Merritt Parkway. Follow through Hartford, CT (it’s also called Rt. 15, the Berlin Turnpike) to Route 84 East toward Boston.
- Follow Rt. 84 to the Massachusetts Turnpike. Leave Turnpike at Exit 11A and take Interstate 495 North to Route 95 North / Maine Turnpike.
- Get off 95 North / Maine Turnpike at Augusta – Exit 109
- Bear left onto Route 17 West toward Winthrop
- Then bear right at yield sign onto Route 17. Go 2.5 miles and see the Mobil Station / Mulligan’s Convenience Store (on left) and go right, staying on Route 17 West to Kents Hill.
- At Kents Hill, take right fork onto Route 41 for about three miles to Camp Laurel.
You have the option of booking airplane flights to two airports within the vicinity of Camp Laurel. Nearby Portland airport (65 miles from camp) has full size plane service via many airlines. Augusta has limited plane service from Boston. Augusta airport is not large and only accommodates small (approximately 20 passenger) planes. Staff members meet all campers at the airport when their flights arrive.