We could talk about the benefits of camp from now ’till the end of the summer.
But this month we’ll let the American Camp Association (ACA) do it for us.
Recently the ACA – an organization that educates leaders, ensures camp safety and accredits over 2,400 camps – created a short video. It ran in movie theaters across the country. Watch the video below:
In it, a number of celebrities highlighted their own camp experiences. Movie-goers learned that, because of camp…
- Emma Roberts made lasting friendships with people she still keeps in touch with.
- Hill Harper learned about self-esteem.
- Lisa Loeb plays guitar.
- Ashlan Gorse developed a personality. (Hey, that’s what she said.)
- Lisa Raye turned out just fine.
- And because of camp, actor Justin Chambers is sending his own kids to camp this summer.
For over a century, millions of other people have also been positively impacted by camp. For some, camp helped unearth a skill they never knew they had. Or fired a passion that is now their life’s work.
For others, camp built a lifetime of memories. Or introduced them to one lifelong friend.
Camp is many things to many people. It is what you make it – and what young peers and caring adults help you to be.
Because of camp, I am who I am today. And because of camp, I welcome you to join me in a summer experience that lasts forever.
Can’t wait to see you this summer.